With Protect My People, buying death in service insurance couldn't be easier. After you have completed our simple form and provided some details about your staff, we’ll send you quotes from our panel of death is service providers so you can review each policy's key benefits, features, and terms and conditions. Then all you need to do is choose the one that best suits your needs, let us know and we’ll contact your selected insurance provider on your behalf.
We’ll then send you the provider’s documents to fill in and return to us including:
- A proposal form containing the information you have given us about your business.
- A direct debit form if you have chosen to pay monthly. If you have chosen an annual payment the providers BACs details will be included with the account/invoice document.
- A master trust deed of participation if you have decided to join your chosen provider's master trust or a copy of your own trust deed.
It's very important that you check the proposal form and confirm everything is correct. Inaccurate information could lead to your policy being cancelled or claims being rejected.
Once you’re happy everything is accurate, just return the signed documents to us and we’ll confirm cover with your insurance provider.
They will then send you any further relevant information about your policy, including how to contact them to make a claim.
How to get a death in service insurance quote
Getting a quote for death in service insurance couldn't be simpler.
Protect My People will help you by:
- Providing you with the tools and information you need to make an informed decision to get a policy to meet the needs of your company and employees.
- Facilitating the purchase of your policy.
- Giving you access to a comprehensive panel of death in service providers in one place, so you don't have to contact companies individually.
- Making the process as simple as we can, you will only need to give us your details once, and we will securely pass them on to multiple providers.
- Being clear and transparent about the buying process.
All you need to do is enter some key information about your business into our secure online form and upload a spreadsheet of basic employee details. We’ll send them off to the insurance providers and most will return quotes for you within two working days.
It is important that you answer all the questions on the form accurately and honestly, and provide us with the most up-to-date information about your company and employees, so we can ensure you get accurate quotes that reflect your business needs.
Once the insurance providers have returned quotes for your company, we will provide these to you by email with a summary and links to the providers' guides. You will be able to see the features and benefits of each quote to compare and decide which one best suits your business.
The quotes will be shown in price order, lowest to highest.
Our guides will provide you with all the information you need about death in service insurance schemes, including:
- The benefits of death in service insurance.
- How death in service insurance works.
- What you need to think about before you take out a death in service policy.
If you wish, you can take a look at our FAQ page to find answers to the most common questions asked about death in service insurance.
What do providers look at when providing a quote for death in service insurance?
Each insurance company will look at several factors when offering a quote for death in service cover. The higher the risk associated with an industry or job, the more they typically charge.
Some of the factor’s providers look at are:
- The sector of industry a company works in. For example, a construction company whose staff work on site are likely to be charged more than an office-based business.
- The age of your employees. Insuring an older workforce is likely to be more expensive as the risk to the provider is potentially increased.
- Where your business is located.
- The amount of cover you want for your employees.
Use our quick quote service to get an indication of what your business might pay.
Please note, the quotes you receive from our panel of insurance providers may vary from the estimated figure returned by our calculator, as they will be based on detailed information you submit in the quote process.
What information will I need to provide to get a death in service insurance quote?
You will need to enter the following information into our online form to get quotes from our panel of death in service insurance providers:
- Your company details, including your company number if you have one. This will help providers to identify what industry your company is in.
- A form detailing your chosen payment method.
- Your employees' details, including job title, gender, full date of birth, and salary (based on scheme definition) . For directors we will also need details of dividends for the previous three years, if this is included in the scheme definition. You are able to upload employee details from your HR system using a CSV file, or we can provide you with a template to fill in.
Once we have this information, we will send it to the leading death in service insurance providers on our panel, most of whom will return quotes within 48 hours. Some providers may not be able to return them this quickly. In these cases, we will send them to you as soon as we receive them and will provide a final quote summary within 10 working days.
It's important that the information you give us is accurate and up to date as providers may cancel your policy or refuse to pay out for claims if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information.
Get death in service insurance quotes by clicking here and filling in our quote form now.