With ProtectMyPeople, the buying process couldn't be easier. When you receive your quotes from our insurance providers, review each policy's key benefits, features, and terms and conditions. Then simply choose the one which best suits your requirements and we will let them know.
We will then send you some documentation to fill in and return to us:
- A proposal form containing the information you have given us about your business
- A direct debit form if you have chosen to pay monthly or annually
- A master trust deed of participation if you have decided to join your chosen insurer's master trust or a copy of your own trust deed
It's very important that you check the proposal form and confirm everything is correct. Inaccurate information could lead to your policy being cancelled or claims being rejected.
Once you are happy everything is accurate, just return the signed documents to us and we will confirm cover with your insurer.
They will then send you any further relevant information about your policy, including how to contact them to make a claim.
Getting a Quote
Getting a quote for group life insurance couldn't be easier. ProtectMyPeople will help you by:
- Providing you with the tools and information you need to make an informed decision and get the best value policy for your company and employees
- Facilitating the purchase of your policy
- Giving you access to a comprehensive panel of providers in one place, so you don't have to contact companies individually
- Making the process as simple as we can, you will only need to give us your details once, and we will pass them on to multiple insurance providers
- Being clear and transparent about the buying process
All you need to do is enter some details via our online form and upload a spreadsheet of employee details. We will send them off to the insurance companies and most will return quotes for you within two working days.
It is important that you answer all the questions on the form accurately and honestly, and provide us with the most up-to-date information about your company and employees, so we can ensure you get accurate quotes that reflect your business needs.
Once the insurance providers have returned quotes for your company, we will provide these to you by email with a quote summary and links to the providers' guides. You will be able to see the features and benefits of each quote to compare and decide which one best suits your business.
The quotes will be shown in price order, lowest to highest.
Our guides will provide you with all the information you need about group life insurance schemes, including:
- The benefits of group life insurance
- How it works
- What you need to think about before you take out a policy..
If you wish, you can take a look at our FAQ page to find answers to the most common questions asked about group life insurance.
What do insurers look at when providing a quote for group life insurance?
Each insurance company will look at several factors when offering a quote for group life cover. The higher the risk associated with an industry or job, the more they typically charge.
Some of the factors insurers look at are:
- The sector of industry a company works in. For example, a construction company whose staff work on site are likely to be charged more than an office based business.
- The age of your employees. Insuring an older workforce may be more expensive as the risk to the insurer is potentially increased.
- Where your business is located
- The amount of cover you want for your employees
Use our quick quote service to get an indication of what your business might pay
Please note, the quotes you receive from our insurance providers may vary from the estimated figure returned by our calculator, as they will be based on detailed information you submit in the quote process.
What information will I need to provide to get a quote?
You will need to enter the following information into our online form to get quotes from insurance providers:
- Your company details, including your company number. This will help providers to identify what industry your company is in, and return the most competitive quotes for you
- A form detailing your chosen payment method.
- Your employees' details, including job title, salary, postcode etc. You will be able to upload employee details from your HR system using e.g. a CSV file, or we can provide you with a template to fill in.
Once we have this information, we will send it to the leading group protection providers on our panel, most of whom will return quotes within 48 hours. Some insurers may not be able to return them this quickly. In these cases, we will send them to you as soon as we receive them, and will provide a final quote summary within 11 working days.
It's really important that the information you give us is accurate and up-to-date. Insurers may cancel your policy or refuse to pay out for claims if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information.
Get quotes now by clicking here and filling in our quote form.